Exam Nerves – Woodbridge Suffolk
Suffering from exam nerves?
For many people, the nerves that build up in the anticipation of an exam, can be just as bad as the test or exam itself. Thoughts of what might happen, or what might go wrong, or what questions they might get asked, just compound to bring anxiety and stress.
This stress builds and builds, and as the time of the test draws ever closer, the anxiety builds to such an extent, that the student feels that all their newly-learned skills and knowledge will be sure to abandon them and just at the moment they know they’ll need them the most.
They might ‘know’ that they are competent in their subject, but feel and sometimes find, that their skills desert them just as soon as the test or exam begins! The stresses and strains that a test or exam can bring, can be especially frustrating to the normally competent student.
This can be especially true of the driving test… So much so, in fact, that I have dedicated a page entirely towards using hypnotherapy for driving test nerves.
Symptoms of test or exam nerves.
All of the following, and more, are very common issues and signs of test or exam nerves:
- Feelings of anxiousness in the time leading up to the test
- Butterflies in the tummy, feeling sick, and a dry mouth
- Trembling hands trying to write the answers in a written test
- A blank mind during the test
- Fear of speaking in front of examiners in an oral exam
- All these things can bring untold pressure on the student. And of course, if the person does fail the test or exam, this can add even more pressure and worry for the re-sit.
Many of the feelings that people with a fear of the test or exam face, are to do with lack of confidence while in a test situation.
This fear gets compounded by the importance of doing well in the test, as the result may be life-changing. Pressure from family and friends doesn’t help either.
FREE consultation – Find out how hypnosis can help you!
Contact me today either by phone on 01376 343255 or use the online contact form to arrange your free NON obligation consultation. All inquiries are in the strictest confidence with the highest discretion.